knitpicking

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

and by "soon", i meant...

... in a week and a half, apparently. I've taken lots of pics recently but it turns out that I am very lazy and procrastination is my specialty, so I haven't even gotten them onto my computer yet, let alone uploaded them. I kept telling myself that I didn't want to really start this blog until I could post my full gallery of FOs, but who knows when that's going to happen... so I'm just diving right in now instead. (Besides, posting pics of the FOs shouldn't take too long, since I've only been knitting since November... all I've got are 3 scarves, 2 hats, and a pair of mittens.)

So, the current projects... well, Cleo is mostly done! I made it in Cascade Fixation, hoping that the elastic in the yarn would be enough to hold it up. And if I wear it with a strapless bra, it is, but the bra also sticks out a bit on the sides... so I think I may just have to forego the bra (not too big a deal for me, really ;)) and sew in elastic instead. Hopefully that will get done this afternoon!

I'm also making progress on Tempting, got about 4.5" done. I'm a little worried though - the yarn I'm using (Rowan all-seasons cotton, which is wonderful) has the same yardage as the recommended yarn, and I got it off of eBay where the seller had exactly 5 skeins left. I'm making the smallest size, and I did make a small swatch first, but the first skein of yarn only got me through about 3"! If I keep going at that rate, I'm going to run out really quickly, probably right after joining the sleeves to the body... I'm kind of dreading it. I got the yarn super cheap because the color is being discontinued, so I have no idea whether I'd be able to find more... sigh, I'll just try not to think about it until I get close. I'm doing a little 2-stitch cable twist running up every other rib in the waist area (inspired by an older sweater I own) and it is so cute! I'll definitely post pics of that later today because I just love the way it is turning out.

Okay, time for lunch, and some homework, then I'm going to finish Cleo! Woohoo, first real project!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home