knitpicking

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

cleo is finally done!

Check it out!!

finished cleo!

I'm so excited, this is the first non-winter-accessory I've made. And I love the way it turned out! There was a lot of hair-pulling along the way (largely gauge-related, even though I made and washed/blocked two swatches) but overall I think it knit up pretty quickly. Once I realized I would have to sew elastic in after all, I went to Michael's looking for 10mm (~1/2") elastic, but I couldn't find any, so I got 1/4" instead... luckily the fabric was stretchy enough on its own that just one band of 1/4" elastic was able to hold it up.

The slightly more exciting pics (i.e. the ones with me in them ;)):

front shot (attempted) back shot

(note: the actual color is more similar to the first pic, maybe slightly bluer but not as blue-ish as it looks in these two)

Discovery of the day: I am really, really bad at taking pictures of myself. You don't want to know how many I had to take just to get 2 decent ones out of it. However, I did get a lot of nice shots of the walls, my hair, the ceiling, and my fingers.

And because I'm very excited about finally having pictures, here's my Tempting in progress:

tempting

Goal is to finish by next Thursday, when I have my fellowship interview at Stanford... eeeee I'm so excited!! About both the interview and the sweater. ;)

6 Comments:

  • oooo...

    How many skeins of the Fixation did you end up using for Cleo? I have a bunch that I was just gonna make socks out of, but that's super cute. Great job :)

    By Anonymous Hilarie, at 1:43 PM  

  • wow! i love your cleo. it looks beautiful. i believe it has inspired me to print that pattern out & buy the yarn i need to make my very own.

    By Blogger RunsWithTrowels, at 9:55 AM  

  • cleo is really lovely! it is going to be great for the summer! is this a "knitty pattern"?

    By Blogger eastern white, at 8:30 AM  

  • Oooh! That's really lovely! I didn't like it when I saw it in Knitty, but you make it look good :D The colour is great, too :D

    By Anonymous Mo, at 8:49 PM  

  • Love the Cleo! I started one ages ago but havent picked it up since I finished the boob cups.

    By Blogger Nancy, at 11:49 AM  

  • I love your cleo, did you make the small size and use sz 9 needles with the Fixation

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home