knitpicking

Thursday, February 17, 2005

i hate the rain.

Arrrgh, so here I am waiting patiently for the weather to get hot again so I can wear Cleo, and it seems Mother Nature is against me. It was in fact quite warm and sunny this morning, and I thought that if it stayed like that tomorrow I would wear the shirt (probably with a somewhat sheer white button-down over it) since I don't have any classes. Even with a shirt over it, I think it's still a little revealing to wear to class. ;)

But, I emerged from a lab in the basement after being down there for 2 hours, and the beautiful warm sunny day had transformed into a dreary, rainy one! I had to walk home in the rain and now I'm wearing sweats while my jeans are drying on a hanger. So I'm guessing this means no Cleo-wearing for me yet... ah well.

Tempting is still coming along nicely, I'm still worried about running out of yarn but I think I'll get another 4" out of the second ball so maybe I'll be okay. I can always unravel my swatch and use that yarn, too. Right now I'm about 6.5" into the body... I swapped the needles for plastic caps and tried it on last night (love my Denise set ;)) and it is so soft and feels so nice! I was getting a little sick of all that ribbing, but after seeing it on (even just covering my torso) I was inspired to keep going.

In non-knitting news, me and Lauren booked our hotel room up near Stanford for next week! We were originally going to fly, but it's so expensive, so we're just going to drive instead. It should be about 5 hours each way, which is kind of a lot since we're only staying 2 nights, but I haven't been on a road trip in a long time so I'm looking forward to it. :D

Anyway, I think I'm going to go downstairs and watch TV and knit, since it's still raining and I hate going outside in the rain. I may or may not watch the Gilmore Girls rerun at 5... that's usually the time I set aside for myself (and for knitting!) each day, but after the new episode this past Tuesday night, I worry that watching the show will only upset me. Seriously, I was depressed the rest of the night and much of Wednesday after Luke and Lorelai broke up. (Yeah, I'm a big dork... that's nothing new though. :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home