knitpicking

Friday, May 13, 2005

i am wearing pink pants

One of my housemates has about 10 times the amount of clothes of any normal, sane person - college students in particular - and has decided to give a lot of them away before she moves in a few months. Turns out we wear exactly the same size, so I am now the proud owner of 2 pairs of corduroys, 1 pair of nice black pants, and a pair of weird pink cargo pants that I'm wearing right now because they're pretty comfy (read: I'm too lazy to get up and change).

The past few days have been super intense and stressful, which should generally mean that I didn't have any time to knit, but instead I kept the knitting right next to my computer and any time I had a spare minute or two, I would pick it up to try and relieve some stress. So the back of spring fling is coming along:

spring fling

As usual, the colors didn't come out very well, but they're a little better in this pic of my swatch (though the pink isn't quite so vibrant):

spring fling swatch

So, yeah. The yarn has a nice hand but those 3 strands keep giving me issues. They aren't even as much of a problem when knitting as they are when tinking... the lace is going much faster and more smoothly now, but I have still made my fair share of mistakes. Undoing a decrease with 3 strands, one of which is mohair, well... it's not so much fun. But the thought of how great the finished sweater will be keeps me going! I think I might modify it a bit, making it a little shorter and putting the clasp right at the top of the ribbing in the front, and maybe a second clasp partway down the ribbing. I'd use less yarn that way too, which would be really good because I have no idea if I'll have enough and I don't think I'd be able to get more.

This is random, but it weirded me out so I took a picture... I painted my nails on Monday night and then went rock climbing Tuesday night, and I was totally worried that my nailpolish would chip, but 9/10 of my nails were still almost perfect afterwards. The 10th nail though? The polish just fell off! No traces of it anywhere! (And no, I did not just forget to paint it in the first place. So many people have asked me about that. :P)

nailpolish weirdness

Whew - after this crazy stressful week I am off to shower and then try to relax tonight! Yay!

2 Comments:

  • When I'm stressed, I complusively knit. Glad I'm not the only one.

    Your yarn looks great. Can't wait to see how the FO turns out.

    Have a great weekend,
    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 8:12 AM  

  • I wanted to say ART PAUL SCHLOSSER wrote a song called Pink Pants which you can hear at Apple iTunes or at http://www.mp3tunes.com/artpaulschlosser

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home