knitpicking

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

lace is hard, dammit!

Why does something so pretty have to be so tricky? :P Instead of working more on my raglan tee, I decided to start Spring Fling out of my mysterious eBay combo yarn. That picture doesn't do the yarn justice, it looks a little better in the front right of the pic here. It knits up nicely at 21 sts / 4", so I have to do a little math to get it to work for the pattern, but so far it seems to be working well. I got through the ribbing on the back really quickly, but now that I've hit the lace part I've slowed down considerably.

I always knew that lace would be complicated, but I figured a 4-stitch repeat should be nothing, right? Um, not so much. First of all, negotiating 3 strands of yarn through p2tog's is not the most fun thing ever. Second, I keep forgetting to count. I've already messed up twice in 3 rows. Twice! I almost want to use stitch markers but I would need 21 of them to separate 4-stitch repeats over 82 stitches and that seems awfully excessive. Maybe I'll see if I can just get a little farther, I have a feeling that it'll be easier to see mistakes once I can see the actual pattern.

On the plus side, at least I'm knitting a little more loosely through this mess...

1 Comments:

  • I'm sure you'll get the hang of it when you hit your rhythm. The yarn you're using is gorgeous!

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home