knitpicking

Thursday, June 30, 2005

the good, the bad, and the ugly

In reverse order, because I like to save the best for last!

The ugly: the tank top was too big. My after-the-fact ribbing seemed to help, but not enough. So it has been ripped, wound into balls, and restarted. I don't mind redoing it in general, but that stupid picot hem was annoying enough the first time - I really hope I won't find myself doing it three times!

The bad: I got an order from Webs today (okay, so that part is good :)) of a bag of Berroco Pleasure to make this sweater. But after seeing the pattern, well... I'm not so sure about it. It says it should be made with zero ease but the smallest size is a 34 1/2" bust, and I'm about 2 1/2" smaller than that. Also, it has a difficulty level I've never even seen before - "ultra experienced." Ultra! I'm not too too worried about it, because I think it only gets that rating because of the short rows and the weird construction, both of which I can probably deal with. And the body of the sweater is just lots of stockinette, so how hard can it be? (I hope)

But, the good: Pleasure is SOOOOO nice! I haven't even started knitting with it yet and I think it's my new favorite yarn. The color is a little different than it looked on my monitor but I like it even better, it's more of a slatey dark blue than the royal blue I was expecting. And it is just so, so soft. I am so excited about knitting with it! Hopefully it won't be too much math to get it down to my size... hrm. But the purple tank still comes first.

(Pictures will come soon, but first I need to get the rest of my road trip pics up - maybe tonight?)

3 Comments:

  • Hmm, just looked at Berroco and they say Pleasure is discontinued.

    Good luck with the tank.

    By Blogger Kitten, at 10:09 PM  

  • Hi Joanna,

    LOOOVE the Pleasure!! Did you order color #8631? I have two balls of it screaming my name.

    Don't let the ultra experienced scare you off. You got mad skills!

    Have a great long weekend,
    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 5:31 PM  

  • You are so sweet to offer! I already bought it. That color is going to look great on you. Won't you be proud when you finish it, because you will be "ultra experienced."

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home