knitpicking

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

road trip pictures

Just a quick update, if you want to see the pictures from my cross-country trip they are here. I took a lot more at Tierra Wools and also I took pics of the yarn I bought, but I'm going to upload those to flickr tomorrow... all my friends and family have the link to the road trip pictures and I didn't want to bore them with pictures of yarn. :P But those will come soon!

Knitting-wise, my tanktop is coming along very nicely the second time around. I just finished the last waist increase, now I have to knit another inch or two before I can bind off a lot of the stitches and split the front. Progress, yay! I also knit myself a little swatch to practice crochet, because as much as I hate to admit it I think the edges of my straps will look much nicer with a crochet finish and oh boy do I suck at crochet.

Earlier today I went to the very first LYS I ever stepped foot into. At the time, the saleswoman was fairly rude to me and I hadn't gone back since. But today, I was right next door at the drugstore, and I had a sudden urge to buy small addi turbos to try knitting socks on 2 circulars (after knitting another round or 2 of my sock this morning on dpns and remembering how annoying they are). So I went in, and the people working there were nicer to me, though still not super friendly. But I certainly don't expect super friendliness everywhere I go! They ended up not having any addis smaller than a size 4, they had some small Susan Bates quicksilver circulars but I took a look and the join didn't seem very smooth so I passed.

But the yarn selection - it was great! I don't think I've ever seen a store with as wide a range in price and quality. They had Lion Brand, Bernat, and Patons... and then Rowan, Colinette, and Debbie Bliss... lots of Berocco... a little Noro... and really just about everything in between! I even saw my first real Koigu, which I came *thisclose* to buying, but I decided not to when they didn't have the needles I wanted. I've got to say, I'm glad I wandered in there despite my first experience in the store, because it does seem like a good place to visit more often. (Like I need more yarn right now! Ha!)

2 Comments:

  • The pictures from your trip were great!

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 6:38 PM  

  • You *would* pass through Pittsburgh right after I move away. Geez. :P

    By Anonymous Hilarie, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home