knitpicking

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

... and back to new york.

Sooooo... after a long, hellish flight on Sunday, I am finally home. The weather was really bad in the northeast so we landed temporarily in Rochester on the way to JFK, and just sat there, with no indication of when (or if) we would leave. Two hours later, the plane finally took off. Then we got to JFK and had to sit on the plane for 45 minutes while waiting for a gate. Finally pulled up to the gate, got off, and heard a lovely announcement that our bags would be delayed another 30 minutes.

:O

My plane was originally supposed to land at 11:20pm, and I ended up getting home a little after 4am. So, um, that was fun.

The only good thing to come out of it was this:

back of raglan tansy tee

After months of procrastinating, I finally worked on the raglan tansy tee. I brought the yarn and needles - and no other knitting supplies - on the flight with me, and with all the delays I went from nothing to half a back in that one day. Not bad, I think! It's just that it's boring stockinette all the way through, and the cotton is a little hard on my hands, but now that I'm working on it I just want to be finished with it so that gives me some motivation.

In other news, I pulled out the other 2 balls of wool from mystical creation yarns, and I was not so happy with what I found.

MCY wool yarn

The colors in the ball on the right are much paler, as if the dye didn't saturate fully or was diluted or something. I know that some variation is normal between skeins of handpainted yarn, but this much? So I emailed them and I'm waiting for a response. I don't really want a refund, I just want to know if this is normal because I doubt I'll order from them again if it is. Sigh, I was so excited about the yarn at first... I can probably work with what I have by alternating skeins every 2 rows, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home