knitpicking

Thursday, August 11, 2005

living and swatching in california

Hello from California! I'm here for a week, visiting my boyfriend and friends and generally being weirded out by walking around the campus of the school I graduated from just 2 months ago. It's been a really relaxing vacation so far though... went down to San Diego to visit a friend, went to the beach, had a BBQ, lots of random fun things. And on Monday, I went to my very first stitch 'n bitch! Or, well, a mini stitch 'n bitch anyway. I met up with Jane at a coffee shop (we got a room in the back with a really comfy couch all to ourselves) and it was so much fun! I've never really talked knitting with anyone else, or at least with anyone else who knew what I was talking about. (My family members are getting pretty good at the whole smile-and-nod thing when I ramble on, but that doesn't count.) I can totally see how a regular knitting group with lots of people would be a great way to relax and relieve stress.

While we sat there, I kind of meant to work on one of my projects already in progress, but my order from MCY was waiting for me in California and I couldn't just let it sit there! So I ended up with this:

swatch with yarn from mystical creation yarns

That's the 100% wool in a custom colorway. I kind of like the way it pools in the swatch, but I know I'll get a completely different result when I knit something wider like a sweater. I haven't found a good pattern yet but I'll probably end up winging it. And the colors are just so gorgeous! Can't wait to get home so I can wash my swatch and figure out the gauge and start knitting. Except for that sock I still have to finish, and the stupid raglan tee... hrmph. Too many projects in progress!

2 Comments:

  • Ok, I said it before, but ... I really neeeeeed some of that yarn!

    By Blogger Jane, at 2:55 AM  

  • That is some gorgeous yarn you got there.

    Have fun on your vacation!

    By Blogger amylovie, at 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home