knitpicking

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

better late than never!

I missed Alison's big Tuesday update, but I thought I'd post anyway to let her (and my sock pal) know that I am working on my Sockapal2za socks! I am a bit behind - just finished the first one yesterday, and am about to cast on for the second - but I think I'll still be able to finish in time. I hope so at least! Here's a picture:

sockapal2za sock #1

I'm making up the pattern as I go along. My sock pal wanted ankle socks (thankfully!) without anything frilly or lacey, so I went with a simple pattern of seed stitch diamonds along the top. Here's another view of the sock, so you can see the diamonds a little better (though the color is a little washed out):

sockapal2za sock #1 (top view)

I used a garter stitch toe for added stretch there... and I am totally loving these socks. Unlike the last pair I sent away, these fit me, so it's much more tempting to just keep them for myself! But I think instead I will just start up a new pair for myself as soon as I finish these. Must be a good sock pal.

1 Comments:

  • You are quite the sock designer! She is going to love them.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home