knitpicking

Sunday, September 04, 2005

secret pal socks

socks for my secret pal

pattern: none really, made it up as I went along
yarn: 1 ball Lang Jawoll Jacquard sock yarn (75% wool, 18% nylon, 7% acrylic / 208 yds per ball), 1 ball Louet Sales Gems Quartz yarn (100% superwash merino / 225 yds per ball) in Parrot for the toes
needles: Inox size 3 dpns
gauge: 8 sts / 1"
date finished: August 23, 2005

I finished these a week or 2 ago but just got around to posting. (That seems to be a theme recently, doesn't it?) The yarn I used for the toes ended up being significantly thicker than the yarn for the rest of the socks, but I think that once they're stretched on your foot it's okay. These were made for my "downstream" secret pal, Jen. She reported back that they do fit, I was a little worried because our feet are very different sizes and I had to go by the numbers instead of trying them on. But it seems like it worked!

2 Comments:

  • They look great! I'm sure she was tickled to get them.

    By Blogger amylovie, at 2:06 PM  

  • They do look great! The different yarn on the toes is a great match for the rest.

    By Blogger Jane, at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home