knitpicking

Thursday, September 29, 2005

sockapal2za socks and so much pleasure

(note: scroll down to see not one, but TWO FO posts from the past 2 days!)

I finally have a chance to post my own picture of the socks I got from Allena, my sockapaltwoza sock pal:

my new sockapal2za sock

Check out the bright colors (yes, they are that bright in person) - aren't they awesome? And I loooove the pattern, especially stretched out (you can see it a little better if you click to make the picture bigger):

sockapal2za socks

You might notice that the socks did in fact make it onto my feet - I went to my first ever knitting group on Monday, and spent the first half of it fixing the socks. First, I threaded a lifeline 2 rows below the bind off, pulled out the woven-in end, and ripped those 2 rows back. Then I slipped the stitches onto size 2 dpns, bound off with a size 5 needle, and wove in the end again. The new edge might not be as pretty as the old one was, but it stretches enough that I can now get the socks on and off easily - though I like putting them on much more than taking them off. ;) Check out the perfect fit:

sockapal2za socks

Once again, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH to Allena. These socks are so perfect!! When I finally did take them off, just after sitting cross-legged, I was really amused to look down at my feet and notice this:

a patterned... foot?

Patterned feet! ;)

As for the other half of the knitting group, I spent it working on my Haley sweater, out of Berocco Pleasure. There really are no words to describe the softness of this yarn, and it is so nice to work with also. My only complaint so far is that out of 3 balls, one had 1 knot and another had 2... but I should have extra yarn so it isn't the biggest problem. Here's the front of my sweater:

front of haley sweater

That's as of yesterday, though - turns out that the combination of 10.5 needles and super soft yarn makes it very easy to make visible progress, so it's a few inches longer now. I can't wait to finish this one and snuggle up with it!

3 Comments:

  • What cheerful socks. Wear them with pride.

    I really wish Berroco didn't discontinue Pleasure. It is an incredible yarn. I have no doubt that sweater will become one of your favorites.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 10:08 PM  

  • i'm glad they fit! and i'm super glad you like the colors! i was super nervous!

    By Blogger Allena, at 11:51 AM  

  • We have a catwalk on our second story where I took the picture. Boy, wouldn't I be dedicated if I had climbed the wall?

    Funny you mention another bag. I was thinking I might need some too. Sort of like all those knitters out there who went crazy over the Cotton Ease when it was discontinued.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home