knitpicking

Sunday, October 09, 2005

*cough cough*

Blargh, I am SO TIRED OF BEING SICK. Since Tuesday morning, I've left my room twice for class, once for a seminar, once for free pizza, and once for a fire alarm. Oh, and once for a completely worthless trip to the medical center. That is... not much. Apparently all I have is a cold, which I usually think of as something I can work around or get over quickly. But not this time. My throat is sore, I keep coughing and sneezing, and my congestion is a little better today but my sinuses were so backed up yesterday that I felt like my head was about to explode. Today alone I've watched 4 episodes of Law and Order and 2 Sandra Bullock movies. I am BORED, yet I don't have the energy to do anything more than sitting around.

But I'm just whining. I know that I'm whining. I'll be much less complain-y when I'm not sick, I promise. :) And I want to thank all the girls in the Knitty chat for providing me with some sort of companionship over the past 2 days - after sitting here on the couch by myself for way too many hours, it was a welcome change to at least be able to type to people. The boy has been very thoughtful too, calling me a few times a day to check up on me.

Possibly the only good thing to come out of all this is that I've been knitting a lot, whenever I felt good enough to sit up. All the knitting for Haley is finished, if I'm feeling better tomorrow I will block it (first need to go to Target for some sort of basin to wash it in). Normally I like to seam before blocking, but I don't know if this sweater will lie flat once it's all seamed up, so I'm going to try blocking first. Oh, and I also finished mitten #1 out of the heavenly Malabrigo. Pictures to come tomorrow... now it is time to sleep, and hope I'm feeling all better when I wake up. :-/

3 Comments:

  • You poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear that you are under the weather. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 6:16 AM  

  • You better believe that blocking board is big. I'll block for you any ol' time, as long as you seam and finish for me. :)

    By Blogger amylovie, at 8:17 PM  

  • I hope you feel better! I find that college health centers tend to be totally worthless, unless you go in and practically demand medicine. Anyway, rest up, and hopefully you'll feel better in no time!

    By Blogger Jane, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home