knitpicking

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

very drunk scarf

Hah! I just looked up the meaning of "besotted" - check out the second definition. And so I present 1/4 of the very drunk scarf:

besotted scarf through ball #1

One ball of Andean Silk got me through just under 15", and I have 4 balls, so the finished scarf should be almost 5', which is just about what I wanted. While I'm sure my dad will like the scarf (or at least he'll pretend to, as he would with anything I make), I don't know if he'll actually wear it, because he just doesn't wear scarves very often. But I wanted to make him this for the rare occasion when he does wear one. And if it ends up in a box in the closet all winter, I'll have no qualms asking if I can have it back to keep for myself. ;)

I'm through 2 balls now, but I'm not going to bother with a picture, because it looks pretty similar. Just... um... imagine that it's twice as long, and you'll have an idea of what it looks like now.

I might have to start my mom's scarf soon too, if only to break up the monotony of all these cables. Cablecablecablecablecable... maybe that's how the scarf got its name, the only way to get the motivation to keep going all the way through is to get "besotted" yourself...

2 Comments:

  • I hope you dad likes his "besotted" scarf. I think it looks great. You never know about dads though.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 6:28 AM  

  • That is really beautiful! Drunk and all! Love the color.

    By Blogger Mitchypoo, at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home