knitpicking

Sunday, December 04, 2005

long time no blog

Mmm... nothing like spending an entire weekend staying in and knitting! My original plan was to do nothing and knit yesterday, and then be productive today... but I woke up to a layer of white powder covering everything, and decided to stay in again. Snow is much prettier through a window anyway, I think.

My camera's batteries died before I could hold a major photo shoot, so I'll leave you with this:

(mostly) finished gifts for my family

I finished all my presents! Almost a month in advance! (They're for Hanukkah, not Christmas, but the 2 holidays are practically at the same time this year.) And I've been knitting a lot for myself too - I'm almost done with my second sweater! Well, I suppose "almost" is a relative term, but I've finished the body and a sleeve so I'm nearing the home stretch. It's been put aside for the time being, though, because it turns out that Boston is freaking COLD and WINDY. And I don't have a hat. Or a scarf to wear with my (red, ie hard to match) wool coat. So I'm trying to whip those out as fast as I can. Bulky yarn makes the "whipping" go much faster. ;)

More pics soon!

2 Comments:

  • Oh man! I am so jealous that you are finished. I'm sweating it right now.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 12:18 PM  

  • they're all great colors! and they look so nice and warm. ;)

    By Blogger Lynette, at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home