knitpicking

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

feeling sluggish

Ugh, I don't know why, but I can barely keep my eyes open today. I got plenty of sleep last night, and I've only been at work for about 5 hours (my adviser is out of town so I'm taking it easy), but all I want to do is go home and SLEEP forever. Maybe wake up and knit for a little while, and then go back to sleep. Meanwhile I'll have someone else work on my research, clean my room, go to the gym for me, cook dinner...

Hah, if only. ;) I'm still working on tracking down my package. I've confirmed its existence, and I know that it made it to California at some point, but now the question is whether it made it back to England or not. The seller hasn't responded to my most recent email but I haven't given up hope yet.

I also picked up my chart for the Baltic Sea Stole, so as soon as my new Bryspuns get here I'll be ready to swatch. I'm really excited about it, as it will be my first "proper" lace with laceweight yarn and all that.

Like a whole lot of other knitters out there, I've signed up for Sockapaloooza. My own Pomatomus socks haven't been touched in weeks now, but that doesn't mean I can't start socks for someone else, right? I can't wait to get my pal's preferences and go back to A Good Yarn, because that store has the largest stock of Koigu and Lorna's Laces sock yarn that I've ever seen, including a lot of the solid colors. Or maybe I'll make Kool-Aid dyed socks for her, since I do have some KP sock yarn and a few packets of Kool-Aid just waiting until I have time to try dying. I'll have to see how it turns out first.

And, unlike just about every single knitter, I am not entering the knitting olympics. It is very tempting, but the olympics start at the same time as the spring term, right after I get back from a vacation, and I just don't think I can commit that much knitting time until I know what my schedule will be like. I'll cheer everyone on though! I think I saw a cheerleader button somewhere, I should investigate.

Okay, just 20 more minutes of work, then I'm off to the gym and to shower and eat dinner and knit and clean and basically do everything other than research. If I can stay awake long enough, that is.

3 Comments:

  • Drink lots of coffee. Gotta get your knit on!!

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 3:07 PM  

  • That's really horrible about your yarn!!! It makes me sad just thinking about it. :(

    By Blogger Hillary, at 7:54 PM  

  • I wasn't going to join the Knitting Olympics either until I discovered the Knitting Special Olympics! I'm much more into a project I start on one date and finish whenever!

    By Blogger Elspeth, at 11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home