knitpicking

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

how do i manage to lose EVERYTHING?

I'm back at school - been here a week and a half at this point - and I think I've resigned myself to the fact that my camera has gone from missing to lost. I'm not too happy about it. I just bought it in July, and while it certainly wasn't the fanciest camera out there, it cost a signficant amount of money... especially given my current struggling-grad-student status. I am trying to plan an impropmtu trip to California because I miss all my friends out there and I'm sick of winter and plane fares are really cheap, but there's no way I can both go on the trip and also buy a new camera.

I don't know what that means for this blog... I'm sure I'll still update it, but without pictures it will be much less exciting. I don't have a camera phone or webcam or anything like that, so I can't even show you crappy blurry pictures. I can say this - my striped raglan sweater is finished, it just needs to be washed and blocked. I think it will fit but the yarn expands in the wash so it's hard to judge right now. I haven't made any progress on my other knitting projects, I think I'm kind of in a knitting slump right now. I really want to start working on Penryn but my purple Polar yarn STILL hasn't gotten here - stupid post office. At first I blamed it on holiday delays, but it's been a month since it was shipped so that might be lost as well.

I'm not in the best mood right now. Sorry.

2 Comments:

  • I'll still read even if you don't post pics.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 5:14 PM  

  • Sorry to hear about your camera. :( Maybe you can borrow a friend's occasionally while you save for a new one?

    By Blogger Jane, at 2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home