knitpicking

Saturday, February 18, 2006

photos galore

I'm at my parents house for the weekend, so I borrowed their camera to make my blog a little more exciting and colorful than it has been recently. I have some old FOs to post about too, but I'm going to put them in their own entries for easy reference.

First, the back of the cardigan I'm going to frog:
soon-to-be-frogged cardigan back

and a closeup of the stitch pattern:
fluffy brioche stitch closeup

I finished the cuff of the second pink Pomatomus:
1.5 pink Pomatomuses

The completed sock looks a little wider than the other one because I've taken it on and off a few times, while the other one hasn't been stretched out at all yet.

Baltic Sea Stole swatch:
swatch for Baltic Sea Stole

Almost-finished mini-Clapotis:
mini-Clapotis

And last but not least, some yarn purchases from Goldman's Yarns. The store is going out of business so everything was 25% off. (I don't know why they're closing... but I can't imagine that offering yarn at $25 off retail helped them much.) I actually bought a few other things, but they're for my secret pal so I can't write about them yet. This is a hank of Noro Daria (for this bag) and 2 balls of yummy KFI Cashmereno for my Sockapaloooza socks. (Now I just need a good pattern... I'm thinking of something cabley...)
going out of business sale purchases

Isn't color fun? ;)

3 Comments:

  • I'm looking forward to seeing your Baltic Sea Stole. The swatch looks really nice. What yarn are you using, Crystal Palace? The Pomatomus socks look great too! I think I might have to try that pattern next.

    Thanks for the comment on my journal! I don't think it counts as stalking if you know the person in real life (at least, that's what I tell myself ;) ). I've seen that method of crochet cast-on, and I keep meaning to try it, but for whatever reason I haven't yet. Maybe I will for the second sock.

    By Anonymous Tope, at 12:52 PM  

  • That yarn really shows off the Pomatomus well. Gorgeous!
    --Amanda

    By Blogger msubulldog, at 5:46 PM  

  • Love the Pomatomi! So cute in that pink color ...

    By Anonymous Kristi, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home