knitpicking

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

satori and updates

From Wikipedia: "Satori on the other hand refers to 'deep' or lasting enlightenment."

The people at Artfibers came up with the perfect name for this yarn. It is so unique - the silky sheen, the mohair fuzz, the gorgeous variegation. But I know that the garment created from it will be classy and timeless. This is a fabulously soft, beautiful yarn and I am really enjoying the experience of working with it. I knit a swatch yesterday and I can't wait to block it so I can start the actual sweater. Knitting with Satori is a wonderful tactile experience, I almost wish it came in a smaller gauge so I could make it last longer! Oh, I think I am in love.

I'm still plugging away on the Baltic Sea Stole, I think I'm almost done with the third repeat. Each repeat is 32 rows, so it takes a while. I found myself in a bit of a rut after the first repeat, because the pattern hadn't emerged enough to keep me interested, so I set it aside for about a week. But now that I've gotten a little farther, it is really starting to take shape, and it is gorgeous! (If I do say so myself. ;)) I'm also working on my Sockapaloooza socks - finished the first one, and I'm almost done with the toe of the second. Trying to avoid Second Sock Syndrome, and also get it done by the end of March for the sock-a-month knitalong.

I've been working like crazy recently, and not getting much done. I hate when that happens. So, um... I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home