knitpicking

Saturday, April 01, 2006

mini-Clapotis

Ah, nothing like the sight of a rainbow scarf basking in the sun...

mini-Clapotis basking in the sun

pattern: really, do I have to bother? (fine, OK, link is here)
yarn: 3 balls Noro Silk Garden (45% silk, 45% kid mohair, 10% lambswool / 109 yds per 50 g), color 87
needles: Inox size 8
gauge: ummm.... dunno
date finished: March 27, 2006

What can I say about this pattern that hasn't already been said?? I only worked the increase section once to get a long, skinny(ish) scarf. It rippled and curled like crazy before being blocked, so I had no idea just how long it would be until...

mini-Clapotis on me

Ignore the PJs please. :) And instead, focus on the fact that this scarf falls BELOW MY KNEES. On both sides! Now, it's true that I am short, but if you go by the rule that a scarf should be as long as the wearer is tall, then I should ship this baby off to Shaquille O'Neal. Think he'd want a rainbow scarf??

Luckily, the pattern creates a light, loose fabric so I can wrap it around my neck a few times without adding too much bulk. I wore the scarf on Tuesday, but the temperature kept getting higher and higher all week, so it hasn't come out since then. I'm hoping for a few more cool-ish days so I can wear it a little more, because I loooove the way it came out! Not sure if the huge color range means it matches everything, or nothing... I'm going with everything for now.

Nitpicky details: based on the tips here, I twisted the stitches on either side of the dropped stitch column on both the RS and the WS. It took me a little longer because I had to pay attention on the purl rows instead of just absent-mindedly purling across, but I like the effect. I also mirrored the twisted stitches.

mini-Clapotis close up

Thanks again to Jen for the yarn!

3 Comments:

  • very pretty scarf!

    Happy FYS Day!

    By Blogger bradyphrenia, at 10:38 AM  

  • what a cute scarf! love the shaquille comment...lol

    By Blogger Emily, at 3:55 PM  

  • Love it! Thanks for letting me see just what mine will be! I am using the same colorway and if yours is that long with 3 balls...then I have enough to make a beanie! Yippee! Great job on it!

    By Blogger Zonda, at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home