knitpicking

Monday, April 10, 2006

new knitty

Hmmmm. I've been very excited about this issue of Knitty - hitting the refresh button obsessively for the last few days, wishing and hoping for new patterns for cute tanks and summer sweaters. And it finally came out last night, and my reaction was... meh.

There isn't a single tank top pattern. The T-Twist tee is nice but would be very unflattering on me. Mesilla is a fabulous work of art, but I can't see myself wearing something like it. And then there are a lot of long-sleeve sweaters, none of which seem all that springy or summery. So... meh. I like the accessories - both pairs of socks are nice, the double-knit checkered scarf is cool, and I like the brimmed hat. The snails are adorable, and Jamesey really makes me wish I had a guy in my life who appreciated hand-knits (not to mention having a guy in my life at all). Tendrils is gorgeous but I'd never have the patience for it. So I guess my problem isn't with the quality of the issue, it's just that the issue doesn't do much for me and my expectations (or hopes). Nothing screams out to me. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next issue... I mean it isn't as if I don't have enough warm-weather knits in the queue anyway. ;)

3 Comments:

  • I felt the same way. The only thing that I really liked was Stafanie's Mission Falls sweater.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 7:58 AM  

  • I agree--meh. I loved the nautilus, the checkered scarf was cool, etc., but I was hoping for a really drop-dead-gotta-have-it tank or cap-sleeved sweater. Oh well!

    However, I AM planning to make your gorgeous Properous Plum tank, but in orange (I have some orange Cotton Fleece in the stash). The only issue is the sizing--my bust is 37", so I'm worried that 28" is a wee bit too small. Perhaps I'll just add a few extra stitches to each side, the front, and the back. What do you think?

    Helen

    By Anonymous hellahelen, at 11:13 AM  

  • I'm with you gals, the new issue isn't calling my name, but that beaded scarf is a bittempting...

    By Blogger Sssarahevt, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home