knitpicking

Friday, April 21, 2006

that was fun.

Skipping out on lab early yesterday afternoon was definitely one of the best ideas I've had in a while! While on the T to Porter Square, I ran into 2 people I know, and had an interesting time explaining that I was on my way to a temple to see someone who writes knitting books give a talk. Erm... it wasn't nearly as weird as it sounds though. It was, in fact, a lot of fun! There were so many people there. The Yarn Harlot was hilarious... not that I expected anything different. ;) I was quite literally laughing out loud for a lot of it. Afterwards, I bought her newest book, and got it signed. Here's me, the Harlot herself, and Ariel (who took the picture and sent it to me, thanks! :D)

seeing the Yarn Harlot

Some notes:
- I don't know why I'm making a peace sign on the sock. I think I was trying to hold it up flat. That obviously did not work.
- The two purple handknit tanktops were not at all planned.
- The holes on my tanktop are not so... erm... open in real life. I was wearing a white camisole underneath and I think it just reflected a lot in the photo.

We met up with Tope and her friend Ellen, and afterwards the 4 of us went across the street to get sushi. Yum.

There were some "celebrity" sightings on both ends - I saw Kathy (I wasn't sure if she'd remember me from the knit-out, so I didn't say hi to her because I was embarrassed, but then she came and said hi to me, so I felt even MORE embarrassed... yes, I have fabulous people skills...) and Alison (who I didn't say anything to because she was across the room). And on the other end, when I first sat down, the woman next to me looked at me and said "hey! I know that top! Are you the one who designed it?" Which I thought was very, very cool. She said she had just been looking at the pattern a few days ago and trying to decide if she should make it or not, but after seeing mine she wanted to go for it. :)

So all in all, it was a great afternoon/evening. I love hanging out with other knitters! And now I have a new book to read. What could be better?

3 Comments:

  • Sounds like so much fun. Like I told Stariel, work prevented me from going (silly work).

    By Anonymous Rose, at 1:39 PM  

  • I'm jealous! Sounds like you had a ball.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 4:57 PM  

  • Hey, I loved your tank! It looked so good on you yesterday! I was admiring it from my seat way in back. :)

    By Blogger alison, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home