knitpicking

Friday, June 23, 2006

mememe

Haha, you guys rock - I love that you're all so supportive of me without even knowing what I'm working on! (Hopefully, if you saw it, the reaction wouldn't be "... oh. Nevermind.") My plan right now is to finish it as quickly as I can, but at the same time I don't want to rush it toooooooo much. I'd rather have it finished nicely and be accompanied by a well-written pattern and submit it for winter Knitty than to scrap something together by July 1 and submit it in a sub-par state for the fall issue. If it seems like I'll be finished on July 5 or somewhere close to that, I might email Amy and ask if there's any flexibility in the deadline... but the other concern is that this is a piece made out of thick wool and so the humid 90-degree weather hasn't been very conducive to speed knitting. So yes, winter Knitty is the current plan.

I don't do meme's very often, but I liked this one... it didn't even come from a blog, it came from a random search that led me to an old message board post. I'm not going to officially tag anyone, but if you want to do it, go for it! And post a comment so I can go read yours.

The Soundtrack to Your Life

Opening credits: Nine Days - Absolutely (Story of a Girl)
Average day: The Fray - Over My Head
First date: Dashboard Confessional - Hands Down
Falling in love: Damien Rice - Cannonball
Love scene: Dispatch - Out Loud
Fight scene: Tori Amos - China
Breaking up: Ben Harper - Walk Away
Getting back together: No Doubt - Don't Let Me Down
Secret love: Lisa Loeb - Sandalwood
Life's okay: Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
Mental breakdown: Ani Difranco - Wish I May
Driving: Eve 6 - Open Road Song
Learning a lesson: Counting Crows - Round Here
Deep thought: Azure Ray - Displaced
Flashback: Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
Partying: Outkast - Hey Ya
Happy dance: Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Regretting: Norah Jones - Don't Know Why
Long night alone: John Mayer - Love Song for No One
Death scene: Death Cab for Cutie - What Sarah Said
Closing credits: The Weepies - World Spins Madly On

I tried to use a different artist for each song, though I think I could easily have my entire soundtrack be Ani Difranco. Hmm, reading over the song list I think I just might have to make myself a mix CD. ;)

Oh yeah one more thing - if anyone is looking for Prosperous Plum Cotton Fleece, it's very very cheap here. Not to enable or anything of course!

4 Comments:

  • here's mine

    what a long friday.

    By Blogger bradyphrenia, at 4:58 PM  

  • nice, I love the Counting Crows... just got my tickets to the Denver show up in Colorado... I got my tickets here:
    http://www.buzztone.com/summernights/landing.asp

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM  

  • Looking forward to seeing your WIP tonight!

    By Anonymous Tope, at 11:29 AM  

  • Good luck with your Knitty submission. I can't wait to see what it is!

    By Anonymous Marie, at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home