knitpicking

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

exhausted!

Well, yes I am exhausted, but I am also almost done moving, which is really the important part. All that's left at the old apartment is a hand towel I keep forgetting and a few things that I'm going to take home - and my car, because I don't have a parking permit at the new place yet. It really is very silly, when I moved my last batch of stuff yesterday I had to drive over to the new apartment, unload everything, drive back to the old apartment, and then walk 40 minutes to the new place. Hopefully I won't have to do that anymore... just waiting to get my new license in the mail. The new place, in case I haven't mentioned it enough yet, is FABULOUS. I like the apartment itself, but more importantly, the location cannot be beat. I guess to truly appreciate it, you'd have to see my old apartment. I couldn't get anywhere from there without walking at least 20 minutes - that's to the nearest restaurant, the nearest coffee shop, the nearest stores, the nearest T stop. There was literally NOTHING there. But the new place? I can leave the apartment, go across the street to the convenience store, and be back in the apartment 5 minutes later. There's a pizza place that's open until 3:30am on weekends half a block away, and a few nicer restaurants on the same block. Getting to the drug store, the supermarket, or the T stop is a little harder - I actually have to cross the big street. But all are still within 5 minutes of the apartment. It's all just SO CLOSE and I can't get over it! And, um, have I mentioned how excited I am? Add in the fact that I now live with someone I am friends with, and who likes to cook... and I have a living room separate from my bedroom... well I'll just say this is a huuuuge step up. I think the only time I've had a more dramatic move was when I started college and moved from New York to Los Angeles all by myself.

Of course, with all the packing and moving and unpacking, knitting has most definitely taken a back seat. I've knit maybe 10 rows on the front of Sizzle in the past 4 days, and I have to rip about 8 of them out. I also need to write up the pattern for the Secret Thing. And somewhere in there, I should probably do some research or something... sigh. At least I have somewhere great to go home to at the end of the day.

5 Comments:

  • Congrats on the move! Thanks for the negative ease explanation - it makes sense. I'll let you know how it turns out!

    By Blogger amanda, at 3:27 PM  

  • Congratulations on the new place. Hopefully the parking gods will smile on you & you'll get your permit soon. If you've moved cities, don't forget to call the RMV & change your garaging code.

    By Anonymous Rose, at 3:53 PM  

  • Yay, good to hear you are all moved in! Come knit with us in the North End when you get some time!

    By Blogger bitterknitter, at 3:59 PM  

  • I hope you post pics of your new pad.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 5:52 PM  

  • Congrats on the new place! Lots of room for yarn, I hope?

    By Blogger enallagma9, at 9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home