knitpicking

Sunday, August 06, 2006

new and improved

I am at my parents' house for the weekend, which usually means a few nice relaxing days, but for whatever reason I feel like I haven't stopped moving since I left Boston on Friday morning. I'm driving back tomorrow morning and should probably get some sleep, but first I have some Very Exciting Blog News. It's true that being home usually means I get to post pictures, but these pictures are much more important, because they were taken with my own brand-spankin'-new camera. No more pictureless posts for me!!! So here are some inaugural shots. (Note, when you click on them, they open up pretty big... I'm linking to the photos themselves instead of the Flickr pages because you can see more detail that way.)

First, my almost-completed Sizzle - it just needs the seed stitch at the armholes, a lot of ends woven in, and a nice blocking.

sizzle

What's that? You want a closeup? Fine, I got yer closeup right here.

closeup of sizzle

Okay, okay, we can zoom in a little more.

even closer closeup of sizzle

In short, I am very happy with this camera. I made sure to get one with a good optical zoom, and that can take pictures from a short distance (less that 0.5"), but other than that there are no bells and whistles. It has all the options that I've ever changed on previous cameras, and pretty much nothing else. (No matter how hard I try, I'm never going to have the patience to play with the white balance or the shutter speed.) So I'll leave you with a colorful sock toe, and then I am really off to bed.

short-row toe

7 Comments:

  • Congratulaions! Your new camera is awesome!

    By Blogger Agnes, at 2:37 AM  

  • Yay! I'm only about a step behind you on Sizzle - I need to seam the sides and do the neck and armholes. OK, two steps.

    I love the color of yours - what yarn are you using for it?

    By Blogger Trillian42, at 7:33 AM  

  • It does take great pictures. Enjoy!

    By Blogger amylovie, at 7:55 AM  

  • YAY, new camera! it takes lovely pictures.

    i love the color of your sizzle. very nice.

    By Blogger bradyphrenia, at 9:23 AM  

  • Yay camera! It takes such clear close-ups.

    By Anonymous rose, at 11:20 PM  

  • Great close ups. What kind of camera did you buy?

    By Blogger Ava, at 9:00 AM  

  • Sizzle looks fab, can't wait to see it on. Looks like that camera takes great pictures too, congrats on getting a good 'un.

    By Blogger schrodinger, at 7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home