knitpicking

Thursday, September 28, 2006

coming up for air

I'd like to pretend that the only reason I haven't posted since I finished the periwinkle top is that I'm so happy with it that I want it to stay on the top of my blog for as long as possible, but the real reason is that I just haven't gotten any knitting done since then.

I'm working on a pair of green and gray socks for my mom which were coming along well until I got to the reverse heel flap. I had some issues that resulted in my knitting the flap 3 times, and ripping it out 3 times. I think I know what the problem is, and how to fix it, so as soon as I have some time to sit down with the sock, I'll try to work through it. Hopefully the 4th time is the charm.

I've also been busy with pattern-writing. Designing set-in sleeves in general is a pain; designing set-in sleeves in 7 different sizes kind of makes me want to tear my hair out. But it is done, mostly, and I just need to put the finishing touches on the pattern before I submit it to Knitty. (In... uh... 3 days. Yikes!) Not to mention, school has been a little intense this past week. I'm feeling a bit swamped and I would love to take some time to relax and sit and knit.... maybe in another week or two?

1 Comments:

  • Oooo....a Knitty pattern? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home