knitpicking

Friday, September 08, 2006

progress

I am so, so sorry for the craptastic picture. I was home alone last night and I had just joined the straps and I was SO EXCITED that I had to take a picture right at that moment. I've photoshopped to the best of my ability but it is still pretty awful. You can get the idea though, right?

purple top in progress

That part in the middle is the cable I was working on... top is seed stitch with short rows (which I think I have successfully conquered) and the bottom is stockinette with lace inserts. It's coming out exactly the way I pictured it in my head. Now I just need to finish the damn thing! I'm still not sure about the bottom edge - I'm so tempted to use the pretty beaded i-cord from Knitting Over the Edge, but I think there might be too much going on with it. Maybe a plain i-cord would be better. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

5 Comments:

  • It looks fantastic!

    Amy

    By Blogger amylovie, at 8:15 PM  

  • That's really lovely! Boy, you are turning into a great designer!

    By Blogger enallagma9, at 8:17 PM  

  • CUUUUUTE!!!

    Can't wait to see the finished product!

    By Blogger Trillian42, at 8:18 PM  

  • Very nice! Can't wait to see a better photo, it looks lovely in this one though. I haven't seen the beeded I cord, but I think that you are probably right, a simple I-cord may be the better choice, you don't want to detract from the beautiful cable. (I accidently posted this comment in flickr, sorry)

    By Blogger Jeanette, at 8:08 AM  

  • We should all bow to you, that looks awesome!

    By Blogger Nell, at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home